It is vitally important for people to stay at home in order to beat Coronavirus. But being at home can also increase danger in a different way, for people living with or worried about domestic abuse. If this applies to you or a friend or neighbour it is important to know that you/they are not alone.
If you or someone else is in immediate danger, please call 999 and ask for the police; press 55 if you're too scared to speak or make a noise
Domestic Abuse support and services are still open and available to you. Support can be offered via telephone and email with access to a refuge or alternative safe accommodation should you need to flee.
You can access support using the contact numbers and resources below:
Shropshire Council First Point of Contact (FPOC)
- Adult social care and safeguarding concerns – 0345 678 9044
- Safeguarding children: access to Compass, children’s social care Front Door and targeted early help – 0345 678 9021
- Housing – 0345 678 9005
- Out of hours: 0345 678 9040
Telford and Wrekin Family Connect – 01952 385385 (Family front door, including child protection referrals)
Domestic Abuse Services and Helplines:
- Shropshire Domestic Abuse Service (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) – 0300 303 1191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shropshire Domestic Abuse Helpline (24 hours) – 0800 7831 359
- Safe Lives – http://safelives.org.uk The UK-wide charity dedicated to ending domestic abuse, for everyone and for good.
- Men’s Advice Line – 0808 801 0327
- Respect helpline – 0808 802 4040 (for anyone worried that they may be harming someone else)
- Galop – 0800 999 5428 (national helpline for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people experiencing domestic abuse)
- Forced Marriage Unit – 0207 008 015
If you suspect that an abuser is monitoring your Internet usage, find out how to hide your browser history at https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000510.htm